WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

January 17, 2012

Decor Imitates Life!



I was going through some of my pictures to post my current kitchen and came across these pictures of roosters I took in 2005 while visiting the Sequoia National Zoo in California!  I was amazed at how much they looked like the roosters in my kitchen.  At the time, I had only been collecting roosters for about a year.  In the first pictures you will are from the zoo and further down are pictures of my kitchen with a figurine on my small shelf in the same pose. . .decor imitates life! LOL!   I love my roosters because they are so colorful and brings life into a room when you can't paint the walls.  That is the number one tip for designing when you rent; find other ways to bring in color.  It doesn't matter what your style is, just accessorize!  I'll go more into to decorating with white walls in another post.
Here is life and . . . . .

I even have this pose in white rooster in the spoon rest of the same shelf.

And here is decor imitating life.








Many times as you go through life you may find something to inspire you in your decorating.  Once my sons when very young, had a thing for cows.  So every where we went they always noticed cows, whether real, ceramic, pictures, or even stuffed.  Yes, you know I got totally hooked on cows for a long time.  My kitchen was full of them: clocks, curtains, pictures, plates and mugs, tablecloths, the whole gammot! lol  After 5yrs, I sold it all at a yard sale.  A young woman who was decorating her first place asked if I had anything with cows on it.  After living with here in-laws for 2yrs, she was looking forward to decorating her own place her own way.  I saw her eyes light up when I pointed to the large box in the corner and remembered how many times I felt like that.  I almost envied her the excitement she felt.  So we had a powwow and I sold it all for $15.00; did I mention she was pregnant with her first child.  I told her to go home and set it all up as soon as possible, because time will be precious once the little one arrived.  At least she will have one more room finished besides their bedroom and the baby's room.  -_^   You can find more photos of what my Kitchen looks like here.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket