WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

February 3, 2012

Bedroom of Roses Pre-Makeover

Okay, I've been putting off painting my bedroom for over a year.  So I'm going to see how much of my bedroom I can finish in the next 5days!  Actually the timing is perfect as I'm about to buy a new queen mattress set and the old set has already been removed.  Thus, since the bed frame is down and I have plenty of space to work, my plan is to get as much done as possible, like painting and rearranging the room.










I had already starting taking things out of the room.  This the wall I'll add color to.


The other end of project wall.

My paint choice is a spring green in a wash.  I like the idea of having a contrast color on the main wall.   I'm still not sure about the other three walls possibly a sort of bleached straw.   You have any ideas?   I also need to repaint my bed frame as it really got banged and chipped on this last move.  If I can accomplish those two things, I will be so happy.  Especially since I'm due for minor surgery in a few weeks,  it will be nice to have a pretty new bedroom to rest in.  


I love hat boxes, also gifts from a friend.


My curtains are ready made and I have a few choices, so the fabrics I choose for the pillow shams and topper will dictate which pair I use.    I don't have to buy anything new, except fora palm sander!  Oh yeah, and curtain rods.  I hate the metal curtain rods I have and intend to find something that goes more with my french/victorian country style.  I just wish I had space for my desk somewhere else as it messes up my minds picture for the room, but my apartment is too small.  You can find pictures of some of my fabric choices below.  Here are a few pictures of some of the other elements I may use also.

The Teddy in the red hat was a surprise from a dear friend in Canada.





I made the lamp myself.  The parts are from the thrift store and ebay!  But I'll be replacing  them with larger ones for the makeover.  Oh, just remembered something else I need to buy . . . ,  lamp shades! : )
These miniature teacups are one of my favorite thrift finds!


Close up of some of my rose china pieces I collected from the thrift stores.





Below is a collection of fabrics I'm considering for pillows, shams, and curtain topper, and maybe a bedspread or duvet cover!  I have one duvet cover in a deep wine color so leaning a bit more toward the bedspread so I'll have something lighter for summer time.  I want to go very romantic with lots of ruffles!
I found this upholstery fabric at a yard sale, 15yrds for $10!

I've had this assortment of fabrics in my stash for many years and now its time to use it.

This is the fabric I want to use for the bedspread,  I have more than enough.

The bronze colored fabric with the swirls may be used for a seat cushion for my desk chair.  There's not much of it  but I just love the texture and design.  Although,  it may not work with the other fabrics it won't show on the seat.  lol

Well, that's it for now, stay tuned for updates!  I'm linked up to the following parties:
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket