WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

February 3, 2012

When You Can't Paint the Walls!

Are you restricted in your rental and forbidden to paint?  It's okay . . ., don't despair.  There are options and they can be very beautiful.  But I've learned over the years how to work with the white walls and bring color in a room through accessories, both big and small, as shown below.




First it depends on what your wall restrictions are.  Sometimes, you can't paint at all and other times you can paint but only with certain neutral colors, such as ivory or beige.  Being able to go neutral can really work as there are so many nice neutrals nowadays and your not just stuck with builders beige! *_*


But if you can't paint the walls at all, why not work with the white.  I've often thought of an all white bedroom and found quite a few beautiful examples in the Country Living magazine.  For example look at this beautiful livingroom here and the gorgeous bedroom here.  One reason these rooms work is because of the many textures and pop of color used.  Also, there is a lot of tone on tone of different shades of whites and creams.  But if you're like me, pops of color may not be enough.  You can still work around the white walls by adding colorful accessories and painting wooden pieces.  If you click on my page of kitchen photos you'll see through my colorful roosters, I've added quite a palate of colors against the white walls.

There are also lots of examples of working with white walls and adding color on many of the blogs, such as My Romantic Home.  Cindy has many beautiful rooms showcasing white decor that is amazing.  Hope this will inspire you to think beyond the box and the white walls.  How do you overcome the limitations of living with white walls?
Thanks for visiting . . .
Bee

2 comments:

  1. wow..but I notice those very cool accessories much more! this view looks great! When we finally did paint our walls a pale yellow I had to get rid of so much stuff because it looked like way too much!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi momto8, thanks so much for becoming a new follower. I will pop over and follow you also.
    Yes, I know what you mean I had to take some things out as it was starting to look a bit cluttered/busy, too! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket